Friday, October 30, 2009

What are the requirements to be able to design and create professional hockey jerseys?

From what's being peddled out into the minor leagues these days, I don't think those requirements are too steep at all.


Really, now? Did Michael Jackson ever watch a hockey game above the Pee-Wee level? Doubtful, yet this jersey will be worn by the ECHL's Bakersfield Condors in honor of the King of Pop. The Gold Album numberings are over the top in my opinion. Whatever. I'm sure we'll have a Billy Mays jersey coming out in the near future ("It has the POWER to CUT through DEFENSE and GOALTENDING! IT GETS THE JOB DONE, EACH AND EVERY TIME!)

This next jersey makes me sad. No other way around it, I'm truly sad for the players that had(have) to don this awful thing. From the Kingston Frontenacs:


Sigh. If only he had worn the flower suit. That would have been spectacular.


Here's my favorite of them all. A 2009 exclusive edition! Oh, and all credit for these photos belong to Icethetics, the premier jersey-information website.

Had to make it large enough for us to read. Are the Bears that proud of their Calder Cup Championship that they needed to redesign their jerseys to prove it? I personally favored their 2008-09 edition jerseys. These are just cocky. Here's hoping you all fall flat this season.
Submit any other ridiculous jersey findings into my comments section. I have the desire to be angry today.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess we can disregard this post, since even though I gave credit to the providers of these pictures, they still disabled them. However, if you would like to see what I was talking about, head over to Icethetics.info. These pictures were taken from posts that are relatively new so you won't have to scroll down too far.

    ReplyDelete