Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ever wonder why Roberto Luongo gets so much attention? John Buccigross explains it all.

This is from his "Annual Music-Mash Preview"

"But even if injuries came to key players, there is depth and sturdiness here. There is not a lot of "spectacular" in the Canucks' lineup, which is why Luongo gets so much attention. And also because his name is Roberto Luongo. Back-to-back three-syllable names are very pleasing to the ear. Especially when they end in the letter "O." Robertooooo Luongooooo. I feel less tense already. And it's cheaper than a spa day. If his name was Harvey Beckmeyer, he would get a lot less attention."

I can hear it now..."GRRRREAAT SAAAVE BEEECKKMEYERRRRRRRR!!!!"

I'm sure there's more nonsense to this post, but I'm too tired to read it all now. Some of us work...you're driving me crazy. However, I will comment that he predicted Calgary to be the top seed in the west this season. There is NO WAY Calgary will be the top seed this year. If anybody (really, anybody!) is interested in betting me about that, I'll gladly take your money/belongings. Clothes, IPhones, girlfriends, Chip Clips®, Subway sandwich coupons, Bubble Bobble 2 games, FSN sports packages, bottles of gorilla glue, old hockey fighting VHS tapes that were found in the dumpster, Pantera "Best of" cds, sandmaster footbags, swine flu, toenail clippers, Nick Punto rookie cards, sweet speakers sold out of the back of a van...those are just a few of the things I'd be interested in. Just let me know, I'm sure we can arrange something.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, man. Unfortunately, all I have is a Strider video game (which I know you've already) and some Oreo Dunk It! pants I wear to school everyday otherwise I'd totally take that bet.

    ReplyDelete