Friday, May 9, 2014

The (Original) Post

Fine. Since "I'm" airing all my dirty laundry for the world to see, I suppose I can elaborate a little on my thoughts. On April 8th 2011, the color commentator of the San Jose Sharks said something really stupid. This isn't uncommon, and it's barely even noteworthy because everything he says is stupid. But I'll fill you in anyway because I'm a judgmental asshole.

Joe Thornton scored a goal in the 3rd period against the Phoenix Coyotes, making it his 1000th career NHL regular season point. Afterwards, Drew Remenda got all excited about it and said this (paraphrased, because it happened three years ago and I don't remember exactly what he said):

There's a bunch of Joe Thornton stats out there today which are just absolutely incredible. He's the 78th player to reach 1000 points and he's 78th all-time in points. It's weird. It's the numerology man, it's crazy...

Well no shit, dude. He just recorded his 1000th point. Where the hell did you expect him to rank all-time? Do you understand how counting works, Drew? I mean, you just essentially said the same exact thing twice in one sentence. And then told us all how shocked you were that the result was the same.

I have something for you that'll just blow your mind. Did you know that Drew Remenda was the 4th person to ever be a Sharks color commentator, and he's in 4th place all-time for Sharks color commentators. THE NUMEROLOGY!!!! Man, it's a good thing I took care this today and not tomorrow, otherwise there's no way I'd be able to tackle ALL OF THESE MATH PROBLEMS.

P.S. Do I need to change my password?

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession to make. I actually have no idea how many color commentators the Sharks have had. Sorry. #FireDacque

    ReplyDelete